Sunday, March 6, 2011

Six on Sunday: Kitchen Gadgets I Wouldn't Cook Without

Chopping Mats
These are worth every penny of the whole $5.00 you will spend for 3-5 mats. Imagine chopping some onions,
picking up the mat, bending and letting the onions fall gracefully into your pot. No mess required. 



Bench Scraper

A bench scraper makes clean up pretty much as easy as it gets. Scrape up dough pieces that are stuck to the counter, excess flour and all, and dump into trash.



Kitchen-Aid Can Opener

You'd better believe I bought a brand name can opener. The $3 dollar cheapy I first bought at Wal Mart lasted about 3 weeks, and KILLED my hands & wrists every time I opened a measly aluminum can.






Rada Cook's Knife
Chopping with dull knifes?
Now you don't have to, because Rada Cutlery makes a really great product! I literally ordered a set of knifes
the day after we got home from our honeymoon. Good knifes make cooking so much better.








Oven Liner
BEEP BEEP BEEP. That's the sound of our smoke alarm going of because,
yes, 
the pie I baked last weekend 
ooed and gooed all over the bottom of my oven.
I don't have time to scrub my oven after every baking escapade, but this makes it so all you
have to do is remove the liner from the oven and gently wipe all the burnt particles into the trash.
Again, clean up made easy. 


A Good Whisk
You call that inflexible 3 wired thing a whisk??? Really?
I don't have ALL day to froth up my eggs for the ooey goodness of pastry cream. 

2 comments:

  1. I have 2 out of your 6....the Rada knife and a good whisk. Guess I know what to tell the boys to get me for Mother's Day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ The best part is that most of these items are under $15. It's not like they are going to break the bank :)

    ReplyDelete